Saturday, December 3, 2011

The most annoying thing

I have decided what the most annoying thing about living in Charlotte is (besides my always hated neighbors). The worst thing is that when we're out and about or having something done in our house, people always talk to Donald, even if I'm the one making a purchase or something like that. A few examples.
I got new glasses from Lenscrafters the other day, and there was a problem with my original order. So I was sitting down with the manager, and clearly I was the one placing the order because it was my prescription, I was asking all the questions and doing all the talking, and I was sitting in the chair. But the manager felt the need to answer my questions by speaking to Donald, and was explaining to him what the issue was even though he clearly wasn't the customer. 'Sup with that?
And then today, we had someone fixing something here. I was sitting on the sofa reading an excellent book called "The Submission," while Donald was sitting at the counter holding the leashes of both dogs. The dude needed either one of our signatures, but even though I was closer and clearly not busy, he passed the clipboard and pen over my head to Donald, who was obviously not really in a position to make a legible signature.
They may call me "ma'am" everywhere we go, but they don't really seem to respect me. Oh the south...

1 comment:

  1. i think Marlene had issues like that when she lived in Japan.

    ReplyDelete