Saturday, October 29, 2011

It's weird.

Sometimes I forget that I'm in North Carolina. Generally, this happens when there are big weather differences between here and home. I was talking to my dad one day and he said he was going to bring Brennan out to the park. I almost said, "But Dad, it's pouring out." And then I realized that, 13 hours away from me, it probably wasn't raining. Luckily I'm not caught in this awful blizzard, and I hope that everyone is staying safe and is drinking lots of warm beverages!

Before Nate left, we went into the big NASCAR store at the mall and went go-kart racing. Obviously it was awesome, although it was pretty empty because it was a Monday morning.

This is outside the store / racetrack. Notice the white hands :-P

Remember how I said there are things down here that I stumble upon that remind me that I'm really in the south? I found one today. In the grocery store. Like the total weirdo I am, I whipped my camera out in the middle of the aisle and took a picture. Ready for this?

That's right, southern style frying oil. And here I thought fried was fried was fried. Oh no, ladies and gentlemen, if you're using vegetable oil, you're doing it all wrong. Educate yourselves.

2 comments: